Best Silverware Alternatives For Food Businesses will be described in this article. Founded in 1992 during the era of “legacy,” or “on-premise” food management systems, Silverware initially operated with both hardware and software housed on-site in restaurants. It stores all data on local servers. In simpler terms, the entire platform was contained within the restaurant.
With the rise of cloud technology, Silverware has updated its food management and other systematic capabilities that empower business owners to optimize operations easily.
Best Silverware Alternatives For Food Businesses In 2024
In this article, you can know about Best Silverware Alternatives For Food Businesses here are the details below;
Currently, it is a hybrid model, having the legacy system’s on-site connection with a cloud-based app. This addition allows Silverware users to remotely access their POS data using mobile devices like tablets (though the extent of cloud capabilities depends on the subscription package).
Silverware’s efforts to modernize its technology have made the system more competitive with newer cloud-based alternatives.
However, certain aspects of the system appear somewhat outdated, falling behind some of the more recent food management and operations managment systems.
Users have reported occasional glitches, and restarting may be necessary to correct errors.
Silverware Features & Pricing
Core POS Features of Silverware POS:
- Menu Management: Using a visual interface, create, organize, and personalize multiple menus and menu categories with modifiers.
- Staff Management: Effectively handle employees in various roles, providing personalized accounts individually for operational, security, managerial, and screen access.
- Floor Plan Management: Create your restaurant’s floor plan, facilitating order placement by table, allowing easy party rearrangement, check splitting, and other functionalities.
- Tableside Ordering: Utilize mobile terminals or POS tablets for on-the-spot order taking, ensuring faster and more accurate service.
- Reporting: Access real-time and end-of-day reports covering a range of aspects, from sales figures to staff performance evaluations.
Silverware POS offers three pricing plans:
- Standard: $49 / month per license
- Premium: $69 / month per license
- Enterprise: $89 / month per license
Best Silverware Alternatives for Food Business
Here’s a quick run down on the best Silverware alternatives to give you a better idea of whether they’re the prefect fit for your restaurant operations, or not.
1. Xenia: Best Silverware Alternative for Food Businesses
If you’re looking for a powerful platform that can help you streamline your hotel and restaurant operations, then look no further than Xenia.
The platform is designed to handle everything concerning food safety operations and rest of the restaurant BOH activities, ranging over maintenance, operations management and quality control.
With a comprehensive feature-suite, including restaurant inspection & audit checklists, operations templates, restaurant analytics reports, and a state of the art AI SOP writer, It is one of the best silverware alternatives.
Other than that, Xenia has countless capabilities tol help you manage hotel operations with ease – and that too, with a sense of order and centralization to each process.
Overall, It is an excellent platform help you take your hotel and restaurant operations to the next level. It’s easy to use, efficient and can help you save time and money in the long run.
The platform also helps you adhere to food standards and regulations such as ISO 22000, HACCP, GMP (Goods Manufacturing Practices), and more.
- Food Temperature Monitoring: 24/7 temperature monitoring through LoRaWAN technology enable temperature standardization, sending custom alerts whenever anything falls or goes beyond your desired food temp threshold.
- Restaurant Operations Templates: Build and customizerobust forms, checklists & logs for all your restaurant operation use cases.
- Restaurant Inspections & Audits: Powerful inspections with smart logic and corrective actions.
- SOP & Al-Powered Writer: Generate operating procedures & policies with Al.
- Scheduled Work: Create recurring schedules for your most critical workflows.
- Chats: Centralize communication for your frontline from team chats to company announcements.
- Document & Records Management: Manage & share docs, videos, and files.
- Free Forever Plan: For up to 5 users with access to all the basic features
- Starter: $99/month (up to 15 users) with access to essential features
- Premium: $199/month for up to 15 users with unlimited access to all the core features
- Custom: Looking for a custom package with unlimited access to everything the program has to offer?
2. Toast Tab
Toast is a handy tech platform made just for restaurants. It has everything a restaurant needs, like online ordering, gift cards, loyalty programs, and sales reports – all on a mobile, cloud-based system.
With Toast, you can make your restaurant run better, make more money, and understand your business better. Its main goal is to team up with restaurants to give customers the best dining experience, solving all major problems with running a restaurant. Also check data recovery programs
- Menu Management: Toast’s cloud-based POS allows real-time menu updates, pricing adjustments, and scheduling of multiple menus for different days or times.
- Order Management: Robust order system for seamless coordination between kitchen and serving staff, accepting orders through kiosks, online, and the Toast Takeout app.
- Staff Management: Integrated system for payroll, scheduling, and onboarding, suitable for larger restaurants with features like access management and shift monitoring.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Toast’s CRM consolidates customer info with optional add-ons for loyalty programs and email marketing.
- Analytics and Reporting: Real-time data access and automated daily email updates on key metrics for monitoring net sales, sales growth, and labor costs across locations.
- Starter Starting at $0.00
- Essentials Starting at $165.00
- New Restaurant Basics Starting at $110.00
Posist by Restroworks is a super helpful tool for over 15,000 restaurants worldwide. It’s an online platform that big restaurant businesses use to grow, save money, and make sure customers have a great experience.
Posist does a bunch of things for restaurants, like organizing the front and back of the house, handling orders and connections with other services, keeping track of data, and managing customer relationships.
Some famous restaurant chains, such as Taco Bell, Subway, Nando’s, Carl’s Jr, Herfy, Häagen-Dazs, and Jamie’s Italian, use Posist to run their operations smoothly.
- Order Management: Streamlined order taking and processing for dine-in, takeaway, and delivery orders. Order modification and customization options.
- Menu Management: Easy menu creation and customization with item categorization.Support for managing multiple menus for different times of the day or special occasions.
- Table Management: Customizable floor plans for effective table allocation.Real-time tracking of table occupancy and status.
- Billing and Invoicing: Quick and accurate bill generation.Multiple payment options, including cash, card mobile payments.
- Inventory Management: Tracking and managing stock levels in real time.Automated alerts for low inventory and reordering.
- Staff Management: Employee scheduling and attendance tracking.Role-based access control for security.
- Reporting and Analytics: Comprehensive reporting on sales, revenue, and other key metrics. Analytics tools for business insights and decision-making.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Customer database for storing and managing customer information.Loyalty program management for customer retention.
- Integration and Scalability: Integration with third-party services, such as online ordering platforms. Scalability to accommodate the needs of growing restaurant businesses.
- Pricing is not available, you can contact Posist through their website and ask for a quote according to your needs.
Clover is another best silverware alternative. It is an all-in-one system that combines a cash register, card payment terminal, and POS system.
It’s a helpful tool for businesses, especially the smaller to mid-sized ones.
This robust Silverware alternative also includes supporting features for places like fast-food joints, sit-down restaurants, cute little shops, and even service providers. If you’re a business and you want to take payments, Clover is there to assist you.
- Point of Sale (POS): User-friendly interface for processing transactions quickly. Accepts various payment methods & the including credit/debit cards, mobile payments, and contactless payments.
- Order and Inventory Management: Efficient order-taking and tracking for both in-store and online orders.Inventory management with real-time tracking, low-stock alerts, and automatic reordering.
- Employee Management: Employee scheduling and time clock features for accurate payroll management.Access controls and permissions to ensure security and accountability.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Customer database for storing contact information and purchase history.Loyalty program integration to reward and retain customers.
- Reporting and Analytics: Comprehensive reporting tools for sales, inventory, and employee performance.Analytics dashboards to gain insights into business trends.
- Services: $14.95 per month
- Retail: $14.95 per month
- Quick Service Restaurant: $54.95 per month
- Full-Service Restaurant: $84.95 per month
5. Epos Now
Up next on our best Silverware alternatives list, we’ve got Epos Now. It is more of a centralized system that acts as the hub for your retail & food businesses. In that sense, the program lets you handle everything – from stock and staff to sales, data, and payments – no matter where you are.
Plus, it’s super easy to get your staff up and running in just a few minutes. You can even add features like eCommerce, Click & Collect, or delivery smoothly.
It is designed for all sorts of retail and hospitality businesses, regardless of their size. Whether you run a small shop or a big restaurant, Epos Now’s hardware and software have got you covered. And, by the way, it has an impressive online satisfaction rating of 9/10. Also check Desk Booking Software
- Software Integrations: Epos Now excels with over 100 app integrations, providing compatibility with various third-party platforms to streamline business processes.
- Payment Processing Integrations: Flexible payment options with integration support for major providers like EVO Payments and International Bancard, allowing users to negotiate rates.
- Reporting: Real-time sales overview and customizable reports, offering insights into top-performing products, sales by employees, and customer spending trends.
- Customer Management and Loyalty Programs: Built-in customer management system with personalized loyalty programs, including a points-based feature for customer rewards and invoice management.
- 30-day free trial, no credit card required.
- Standard: $39/month ($24/month for the each additional register)
- Premium: $69/month ($45/month for the each additional register)
- Enterprise: To receive a custom quote & the contact Epos Now directly.
Since no restaurant food safetysystem is suitable for all businesses, conducting thorough research can greatly help you to find the ideal solution for your business.
Other than that, feel free to go on a trialing spree, evaluating each Silverware alternative on a free plan before signing up for a paid account.
In case your favorite Silverware alternative app isn’t mentioned on this list, feel free to reach out to us.