You’ve decided to permanently delete Amazon account for any reason. People may do so for a variety of reasons, including migrating to a nation where Amazon does not ship, concerns about Amazon’s business operations, or even its contentious HR regulations.
With all of the sensitive information stored in your account, it’s definitely a smart idea to delete Amazon account it if you don’t intend to use it any more. You don’t want someone to gain access to your account and steal vital data.
Just make sure you’re well aware of what “complete deletion” means and that you’re certain it’s what you want to do going forward. If you’ve chosen to cancel your Amazon account, delete Amazon account follow the steps below to do so as swiftly and painlessly as possible.
What Happens When Your Amazon Account Is Closed?
If you properly delete Amazon account, neither you nor anyone else will be able to access it. This includes Amazon’s employees and support staff. So, if you close your account and then realise you made a mistake, you’ll have to start over. This doesn’t only apply to your basic account, which you use to buy a few things during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions. It has a huge impact.
Following is a list of items you won’t be able to access if your account is lost:
- Amazon Mechanical Turks, Amazon Associates, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Author Central, Kindle Direct Publishing, and Amazon Pay all utilised or required an Amazon account.
- Digital content from Amazon Music, Amazon Drive, and/or Prime Photos, as well as purchases from the Amazon Appstore.
- This includes purchases of Prime videos and Kindle books.
- All content will be lost and unable to be recovered.
- You are accountable for all reviews, discussion posts, and customer photos that you have received or are in charge of.
- Your account history, which includes information about your credit card, order history, and so forth.
- Returns or refunds that have not been handled.
- If there are any remaining Amazon.com Gift Cards or promotional credit balances on your account, go there.
- Without an Amazon account, Alexa-enabled devices, such as Echo and Firestick TV, will not work.
- If you can live without everything listed above, you’re ready to close your Amazon account.
How Do I Delete Amazon Account Forever?
Delete Amazon account isn’t as simple as closing most other websites’ accounts. It’s not as straightforward as going to your account settings and pressing a button. Although you aren’t necessarily leaping through hoops, deleting your Amazon account does require a few more procedures before it is deleted, giving you peace of mind.
Step 1: Cancel any open orders you have.
If you’ve placed any recent orders through your Amazon account, you’ll want to cancel them before you delete Amazon account it.
- Of course, you’ll need to be on the Amazon.com website to accomplish this.
- Make sure you check in to the account you wish to delete once you’ve arrived.
- You can do this by hovering your cursor over Account & Lists and selecting Sign in.
- Click Sign In after entering your account information.
- Once you’ve signed in to your current account, check to see if there are any outstanding orders.
- You have the option to cancel any and all orders that have not yet shipped.
- You won’t be able to close your account until this process is finished.
- Click Orders in the top-right corner of the main page to cancel any orders you may have.
- Select Open Orders, then Request Cancellation to the right of each order once it has been retrieved.
Step 2: Deactivate or delete your Amazon account
- “Cancel/Deactivate Account” is nowhere to be seen on the site.
- To begin the procedure, scroll to the bottom of the page to the footer and select Help from the “Let Us Help You” section.
- Scroll down to “Browse Help Topics” and click Need More Help? in the left-hand column.
- New options will appear in the right-hand box as a result of this.
- Select Contact Us from the drop-down menu.
On the next page, Amazon will ask you if you wish to chat with its chatbot. Unfortunately, the majority of Amazon’s help requests were relocated to its chatbot in 2019, so you’ll have to deactivate it by chatting to the bot.
If you click the ‘We can call you’ link beneath the Start Chatting link, a Live person will contact you as soon as one is available.
- Tell the bot you want to close your account after that.
- After that, you’ll be given three options to choose from.
- Choose the option linked to ‘Login and security’ from the list.
After that, it will ask you if you want to speak with a representative because the bot is unable to assist you with such concerns.
When you’re chatting with a customer service agent, tell them you want to delete your Amazon account, and they’ll start the process for you. The end outcome will still be an email with an estimate of when your account will be deleted.
Although some lucky people have had their accounts terminated practically instantly, the duration is normally between 12 and 48 hours.
- Getting rid of the “Contact Us” link
- Because you don’t receive the ability to chat while using the “Contact Us” webpage for cancellation, it appears a little different.
- You’ll need to send an email if you choose this option.
- To terminate your account, toggle the options and an email template will display.
- The technique has been described as “very straightforward and efficient” by users.
If you’re worried that your account will be active after you request deletion, you’ll get a confirmation email within a few days.
Delete Amazon Account: Other Options
You might not want to permanently delete your Amazon account if you’ve invested in Amazon’s books, music, or photo storage. While cancelling your Prime subscription, there are a few things you can do to keep your old Amazon account safe.
To keep your account safe, the first thing you should do is delete all of your credit card information and PayPal account.
This can be accomplished by:
- Getting into your Amazon account and selecting “My Account”
- Click “Payment Methods” on the left-hand side of this page.
- Click ‘Remove’ after tapping the down arrows next to each payment choice.
- Select “Confirm” from the drop-down menu.
- When you do this, a pop-up will appear asking which card you want to choose as the default.
- If you select ‘Cancel,’ you will be able to continue eliminating payment methods.
- You can also get rid of any addresses linked to your account.
- Go to the ‘My Account’ section of the website.
- Select ‘Your Address’ from the drop-down menu.
- Remove each address by clicking the “Remove” button next to it.
- In the pop-up box, select ‘Yes.’
This is an alternative to keeping someone from accessing your personal information or ordering things without your authorization if you want to keep your Amazon account active for the material you’ve purchased.
- This keeps your account operational but removes any payment or shipping information from it.
- Keeping Your Amazon Account Secure
- Finally, double-check that your email and phone numbers are current and that two-factor authentication is enabled.
- If you’re worried about leaving your account active for security reasons, there are steps you can take to help.
- Go to the “My Account” section of the website.
- Select “Login & Security” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your current password here.
- Next to each option, click “Edit” and fill in the most up-to-date information.
Others won’t be able to log into your account without a text or email verification if you enable 2FA (two-factor authentication). If someone tries to log in, you’ll receive an email notification about account access.
Most frequently asked questions
Is it true that Amazon will delete my purchase history?
Amazon, like most physical establishments, keeps track of all purchases. The corporation claims that it is only used for tax purposes and that it is not utilised for anything that could be considered a breach of privacy. u003cbru003eu003cbru003e Even if you delete your Amazon account entirely, the firm retains your purchasing history.
Can I still use my Firestick if I delete my account?
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to do so until you create a new (potentially fictitious) Amazon account. Because your Firestick is an Amazon product, it was designed to work with your Amazon account. We’ll show you how to stream your favourite shows without having to pay for Amazon Prime.
Is there a phone number for Amazon customer service?
Yes, you can call 888-280-4331 for further information about delete Amazon account. Before speaking with a live person, you will need to follow several instructions and provide personal information. This is not done to annoy you; rather, it is done to route your call to a department that is trained to assist you with your unique needs. u003cbru003eu003cbru003e If you’d prefer to talk to Amazon, you can do that as well.
Will Amazon Prime give me a refund?
It’s simple to join Amazon Prime. a tad too simple. It’s possible that you signed up for the service by accident, and if that’s the case, you might be wondering if there’s any way to get your money back. u003cbru003eu003cbru003e Contact Amazon using the link above to see if you can get a refund. If the account has not been utilised, Amazon appears to be particularly generous in this area. Although it may take a few days for the money to show up in your bank account,