Despite the fact that Windows comes with a free file manager, it falls short of the needs of professional and tech-savvy users. In such cases, you’ll need a powerful and top free file manager for Windows 10 that comes with a wide range of important functions and features.
A third-party free file manager for Windows 10 covers all the complex capabilities that a computer freak would like, unlike the default tool. We’ll go over some of the most feature-rich, top-rated, best, and free file manager tools for Windows 10 in this blog. These programs include advanced file search, bookmarks, keyboard shortcuts, and history, among other capabilities.
Best Free File Managers For Windows 10
Here are some of the most effective free file manager for Windows 10 In the year 2023.
Free Commander comes in second on our list of the best file managers for Windows 10. It is well-known for its plain appearance. There’s a lot to like about Freecommander. It can shred files, rename batches, merge/split files, archive, zip/unzip files, and create and validate checksum files, among other things.
Here are some of our favorite aspects of Free Commander:
- This best free file manager for Windows 10 has a user-friendly layout with quick navigation.
- Each window can have folder tabs added to it.
- It is entirely free of charge.
- Simple and intuitive layout
- Useful keyboard shortcuts to speed up work
- Restore and backup options
- Irregular updates
- Intended exclusively for tech-savvy users
Total Commander is the free file manager that you need if you want to get Windows 10 for free. This age-old tool has evolved through time and now has a lot to offer, with cloud storage services being one of the most notable features.
Here are some of our favorite aspects of Total Commander:
- The tool has a traditional interface and is jam-packed with both basic and advanced capabilities.
- It is one of the best free file managers available for Windows 10.
- It allows you to use several plugins.
- The software has a number of advanced features.
- There are no charges for using it.
- It compares files to display the differences
- Custom configuration takes time
- Not compatible with Linux and Mac OS
Directory Opus is yet another excellent free file manager for Windows 10. It’s one of the strangest file managers you’ll discover right now, and it lets you pick between single and double-pane views.
Here are some of our favorite things about Directory Opus:
- It has built-in FTP support
- It supports batch file renaming
- It also has an integrated picture converter and uploader.
- It supports different file archive formats and metadata.
- Uncluttered user interface
- The software supports both double-pane and single-pane displays.
- The app allows you to effortlessly open several directories.
- Use the search option to look for files.
- Expensive software
- Limited user support
Explorer ++ is what you need if you want to have a wonderful Windows experience. This open-source and free file management tool is notable for its extensive feature set and fully customizable user interface. You can easily download this small program onto your 64-bit or 32-bit Windows system.
Here are some of our favorite features of Explorer ++.
- It has an uncluttered and efficient interface and supports all fundamental file functions, such as moving, sorting, filtering, splitting, and dividing files.
- With this best free file manager for Windows 10, you can take advantage of cutting-edge features like a dual-pane UI, folder tabs, and One Drive integration.
- It also allows you to create bookmarks, edit the characteristics and dates of your files, and preserve directory listings.
- Free to use software
- No need for the formal installation
- Replaces the default File Explorer
- Updates are not available
- The search function is not refined
If you’re looking for a file manager for Windows with a large number of plug-ins and functions, Multi-Commander is the program for you.
Here are some of our favorite aspects of Multi-Commander:
- The tool features a lot of easily customizable buttons for a better user experience.
- This best and free file manager for Windows 10 also comes with drive shortcuts for quick access to various files.
- Filter-based file coloring is yet another useful function available.
- It’s a free tool that also comes in a portable version.
- The only disadvantage is the complexity of the settings.
- Dual-pane view
- Multiple images and video editing capabilities
- Highly customizable software
- Outdated user interface
- Difficult to use
One Commander comes in second on our list of the best file managers for Windows 10. The tool has a clean UI and a striking design. You may obtain an integrated view of all your video, text, and audio files with this beautiful tool.
Here are some of our favorite aspects of One Commander:
- We like this best free file manager for Windows 10 since it has multi-column and double window viewing.
- The tool is built on a menu of icons.
- In addition, there is a history panel available to you.
- Aside from that, you have the option of choosing between light, dark, or white themes.
- It’s a Windows 10 file manager that’s free to use.
- Easy-to-use software interface
- Advanced features and shortcuts
- Compatible with most Windows operating systems
- The software does not appear to be full
- Additional functions require a subscription
WinDirStat is our next choice, as it has an easy-to-use and standard interface. It is a free and open-source file manager for Windows 10.
Here are some of our favorite features of WinDirStat:
- It uses color-coding to make it easier to identify various files.
- It also shows you daily space utilization data of various files in line with the space they are taking. For example, the bulkiest file is colored blue.
- Check the state of disc space
- The app also provides utilization statistics.
- A cleanup tool is also provided.
- There is no charge for using it.
- Deletes files on its own
Q-Dir – The Quad Explorer
With this remarkable and best free file manager for Windows 10, you can enjoy a four-pane view. There is no better solution than Q-Dir for managing your files in a hassle-free manner.
- The Quad Explorer is one of our favorite features of Q-Dir.
- It allows you to create and configure folder tabs for easier navigation.
- It is a free file management tool that you can use in 2021 to organize your files in a specified pattern.
- Multiple windows can be used to perform tasks
- Windows can have additional tabs for convenience.
- Fully customizable software
- Free to use
- Users may encounter issues from time to time.
- There is no search option
Files & Folder lite
The Files & Folders light is noted for its simple operation and user interface. You can effortlessly find your key files with its completely expandable navigation windows. It also supports file compression and decompression, as well as Onedrive and FTP integration.
It also includes a media player:
- Supports cloud-based services.
- The software works with a wide range of devices.
- Interesting and catchy themes
- Upgrade to premium for advanced features
- There are too many updates
With this best and free file manager for Windows 10, you’ll get unrivaled functionality and a long list of utilities. Along with a dual-pane layout, the tool has numerous display options to offer.
Here are some of our favorite features of FileVoyager:
- It has all of the standard features, including copying, deleting, moving, and renaming files.
- Its portable form allows you to access shortcuts to a variety of folders.
- It is a completely free tool.
- Provides a variety of tools to make work easier
- The software is portable
- The multi-featured program that is free to use
- Outdated user interface
- New users may be perplexed
XYplorer is the next best free file manager for Windows 10 on our list. With its folder tree layout, you may navigate with ease and access your files in the dual pane.
Here are some of our favorite aspects of XYplorer:
- Its tiny tree function allows you to quickly navigate across numerous directories and find the file you’re looking for.
- It also has content search, standard expressions, complex patterns, and fuzzy matching, as well as the ability to discover duplicate files using its search tool.
- It also organizes files by assigning tags to them.
- A small program that requires very little RAM.
- Modes that can be customized.
- Multiple tabs for quick switching.
- After the trial period, premium account holders can utilize it.
Xplorer 2 is the penultimate option on our list of the best free file manager for Windows 10. The tool has a modern design and is controlled via a standard menu bar.
The following are some of its major offerings:
- It can readily distinguish between duplicate files.
- It distinguishes file types using color codes, and it comes with a 21-day free trial after which you may purchase the tool’s premium edition for $29.95.
- Outperforms other programs in terms of speed.
- You can add up to 250 file characteristics to the software
- You can rename files in bulk
- You can quickly add tabs and subdirectories to the software
- There are no changes to the software because it still uses ancient methodologies
We hope that the best and free file manager for Windows 10 listed above has been of great use to you. A powerful and feature-rich file manager will make it simple and painless to manage a large number of files. Take a look at our selection and choose the best tool for you.