Are you looking for the best free backup software for 2022? Individuals and businesses alike need to backup their data. Storage devices aren’t infallible, and hardware issues can render important files inaccessible. Additionally, ransomware is a threat that encrypts files and holds the system hostage for a fee.
A good data protection strategy is to back up your files on a regular basis. You must, however, choose the appropriate backup software for this task. You can read a review of the best free backup software available in 2021 in this tutorial.
You’ll have a better idea of best free backup software for you after reading this comprehensive guide.
Top 11 Best Free Backup Software
Checkout top 11 the best free backup software for you in 2022. Take a look please:
Cobian Backup is a free best free backup software that includes a number of useful features. The software allows you to back up folders and files to multiple locations. It allows you to backup remote systems using FTP and network backups. Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, as well as Windows 7, 8, and 10 are supported by the software. Free backup of files and systems on both old and new Windows operating systems. FTP backups are also supported by the app.
- Backup via FTP
- Encryption that is strong
- At the same time, backup multiple locations.
- Backup can be incremental or differential.
- There is no customer service.
pCloud is the best free backup software secure encrypted cloud storage service that can be accessed from any device and offers unbreakable security. It will allow you to send, receive, and collaborate on any file with your friends. It includes features such as teams and access levels, shared folders, file and folder comments, and activity monitoring. pCloud offers two pricing plans: Premium 500GB ($175) and Premium Plus 2TB ($350). These are the prices for a single payment. Annual plans start at $47.88 and go up from there. It also has family-friendly plans. It provides a 30-day free trial.
- pCloud keeps a detailed record of account activity.
- Any previous version of the file can be accessed.
- It has the ability to set group permissions as well as individual access levels.
- It has file management, sharing, security, file versioning, and backup features.
- Also included is digital asset management.
- It has the ability to save file versions for a set period of time.
- There are bandwidth restrictions.
- Two-factor authentication is not available. Encryption functionality is available as an add-on.
The best free backup software for Windows platforms is Ashampoo® Backup Pro 15. It can store the backup on any hard disc, USB stick, network drive, or cloud service. It’s a well-designed app with a lot of functionality. Ashampoo® Backup Pro 15 will set you back $49.99. There will be no time limit on this payment because it is a one-time payment. It has a free trial version that can be downloaded. Ashampoo® Backup Pro 15 is a capable backup software with a well-designed user interface. It has features and functions for both novices and experts in data security.
- Ashampoo® Backup Pro 15 offers all possible storage options, including entire partitions, local drives, online storage, and more.
- It includes features for restoring backups.
- Its bootable rescue system will assist you in restoring the system in the event of a system failure.
- Only the Windows 10 operating system is supported by Ashampoo® Backup Pro 15.
EaseUS Todo is the best free backup software can backup the entire system as well as individual files and folders. Backups to OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox are also supported by the software. It has cloning and migration capabilities. Advanced: $59 (lifetime license); $29.95 – $39.95 annual subscription | 30-day free trial.
- Backup on-premises and in the cloud
- Differential/incremental backup
- Email backup in Outlook
- Wipe disc partitions and transfer system
- There are a lot of ads in the free version.
ShadowMaker by MiniTool is a best free backup software, cloning, and restore software. This backup software ensures the highest level of data security for your PC. It can backup up the operating system, individual files and folders, as well as discs and partitions, to external storage devices. From an external drive, you will be able to restore the system to its previous state. MiniTool Shadow Maker is available in three editions: free, pro ($29 for one PC license), and pro ultimate ($79 for three PC licenses).
- MiniTool includes a WinPE Bootable Media Builder to assist you in creating bootable media to restore your operating system to its previous state.
- You can backup your data on a regular basis.
- It comes with a File Sync feature.
- The incremental backup scheme can be customised.
AomeiTech is a data backup and best free backup software. It comes with a disc partition manager that aids in data security and hard drive management. It works with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows, including Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
Aomei provides backup solutions for both homes and businesses. AOMEI Backupper Standard 5.7 is free to download. This programme can back up your system, files, discs, and partitions/volumes. It has a backup feature that can be set to run automatically or on a schedule.
AOMEI offers solutions for both homes and businesses. Standard (free) and Professional ($49.95 per licence) are the two options for home use. The four options for businesses are Workstation ($59.95 per licence), Server ($199 per licence), Technician ($499 per licence), and Technician Plus ($899 per licence).
- AomeiTech offers real-time file and folder synchronisation between source and destination paths.
- For disc upgrades and data migration, it can clone HDD to SSD, HDD to HDD, or SSD to SSD.
- Automatic, full, incremental, and differential backups simplify your backup tasks.
- Premium plans include unlimited protection and recovery services for your company’s PCs and servers.
- According to user reviews, the free plan gradually increases the backup.
Iperius Backup offers backup solutions for a variety of scenarios. Encrypted files are protected from ransomware. As a Windows Service, it will be installed. It has the ability to perform multiple backups in parallel. It generates comprehensive reports. For Windows, Iperius Backup offers a free best free backup software .
There will be no licence restrictions or expiration dates. Functionalities for incremental backup to NAS, disc, USB, RDX, and network are included in the free plan. Iperius offers lifetime licencing options for a fee. The eight licencing options are Desktop 1PC ($32), Desktop 3PC ($65), Essential ($76), Advanced VM ($244), Advanced DB ($166), Advanced TAPE ($166), Adv Exchange ($166), and Full ($299).
- Iperius allows you to send your backups to popular cloud storage services such as Google Drive, Amazon S3, Azure Storage, and others.
- Iperius can create the entire disc image without any interruptions.
- Backup files can be transferred to any location.
- You’ll be able to compress and encrypt your backup files with it.
- It is capable of copying files and folders to any mass storage device.
- It has Tape Backup, FTP Backup/Sync, and Disk Backup/Network capabilities.
- Iperius Backup is only compatible with Windows operating systems.
IBackup is a best free backup software cloud-based backup and storage service. It allows you to backup an unlimited number of devices to a single account. Backing up is possible on Windows, Mac, and Linux. IBackup supports a variety of backup types, including open file backups, system state backups, and backups of running servers and databases.
You can use the Web Interface to upload, access, share, and manage backups. Pricing for IBackup starts at $9.95 per month for 10GB of storage. There are four plans available: 20GB ($19.95/month), 50GB ($49.95/month), 100GB ($99.95/month), and 200GB ($199.95/month). It now provides 50 times more storage for the same price. This offer is valid until the 14th of May 2020. For all plans, a 15-day evaluation period is available. You can choose between a yearly or a two-year plan.
- Secure local backup is a feature of IBackup.
- It allows you to backup an unlimited number of devices to a single account.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Hyper-V, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and Oracle Server are all supported.
- It has features like automatic backup scheduling, data compression, and encryption.
- It has a versioning feature.
- The website is not user-friendly, according to reviews.
Zoolz Home is a best free backup software, personal cloud storage and backup service. You can backup your computers, external drives, and network drives with it. It’s a storage unit for a long time. You can store your data in the cloud for as long as you want with this platform. Zoolz duplicates your files across multiple facilities around the world, ensuring a reliable long-term data storage service.
It has 256-bit AES encryption, which is military-grade. Zoolz Home offers three subscription plans: Zoolz 1TB Cloud Backup ($19.95 per year), Zoolz 2TB Cloud Backup ($59.95 per year), and Zoolz 5TB Cloud Backup ($49.95 per year). The Zoolz cloud Backup for Home starts at $39.95 per year for 1TB of storage for 5 users.
- Zoolz will encrypt your files before sending them to you.
- The files are stored on Zoolz’s encrypted servers.
- It employs 256-bit AES encryption.
- A local copy of your backup can be saved to your server, network, or external drive.
- Filtering of files is one of its features.
- You will be able to create your own schedule.
- File retrieval takes 3-5 hours with Zoolz.
BigMIND by Zoolz is a cloud backup platform for home users powered by artificial intelligence. All of your personal files will be discovered, accessed, and backed up using the platform. It is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS devices. Face recognition, object recognition, and other amazing features are available. BigMIND pricing includes 100 GB ($35.88/year for 1 user), 500 GB ($83.88/year for 3 users), and 1 TB ($155.88/year for 5 users).
- BigMIND Home backs up your data in a secure and reliable manner.
- It has a built-in facial recognition engine that organises your photos by thumbnails for each individual.
- It has a mobile app, so you’ll always have access to your data.
- There will be no restrictions on backups.
- There are no drawbacks to mention.
Acronis True Image 2020 the best free backup software comes with a slew of features, including AI and blockchain data notarization protection against ransomware, crypto-jacking, and other security threats. It has a simple and straightforward user interface that makes backing up files and folders a breeze. Basic: $59.99 a year | Advanced: $49.99 – $99.99 a year | 30-day trial.
- Backup on-premises and in the cloud
- Backup of the entire system image
- Backup for Office 365
- NTFS, HFS/HFSX, Fat16, Fat 32, exFat, ReiserFS(3), APFS, Core Storage, Ext2-4 disc cloning.
- Time will slowly be restored.
- There is no support for older operating systems like Windows XP or MacOS 10.